Thursday, March 14, 2013

West End

I've had a very successful week on twitter! Loveable Rogues (the band that opened for Olly Murs) followed me on Wednesday and then Nando's tweeted me back on Friday! I was very happy with that, until Marcus Butler, my favorite British Youtuber, favorited a tweet I sent him. Yup, I about died when I saw that!

But other than that, this week has been similar to the others. I go to Uni and hang out with my friends. I really wish I could say we do exciting things every week, but we still need to have "chill" weeks every now and then! Even on our day off we stayed in Kingston. Part of the reason we did this was since we just went into town on Sunday and didn't want to spend the money when we didn't even have a plan for the day. One thing we did realize that is weird is that going into Central London is such a common thing now that it isn't considered "exciting." Trust me, it is still exciting, but it's not a new experience. Isn't that weird to think about? Most people would be so excited to go into the city, but for us it's part of our schedule now.

On Wednesday after Uni I did make my way to West End to see Wicked! I have always been a fan of The Wizard of Oz and have been dying to see this show for a while. I remember watching The Wizard of Oz with my cousin Stephanie when we were younger (she is the biggest Wizard of Oz fan I know!). After our British Life and Culture class, Ellyn, Sarah, Lorraine, Sam, Christie, Alex, Amanda and I hopped on a train (well... ran onto the train, I guess. We thought we were going to miss it) and headed to Vauxhall to get the Victoria line of the tube. Once we got off the tube the theatre was right outside the station... perfect!

All of our seats were next to each other, so we just kept talking about how excited we were to see Wicked. Most of us had never seen it before and had only heard good things about the show.

I don't even know where to begin with how amazing it was. It absolutely blew my mind! I don't want to give anything away to those of you who have not seen it, but it was one of the best musicals I have seen! I already knew some of the songs from the show, but actually seeing it made the music make so much more sense. We all agreed that it was an amazing show.

With Sarah and Ellyn in front of the Wicked stage
The Apollo Victoria Theatre




















Some of the girls wanted to stay in town for a bit, but Sarah, Ellyn and I were ready to head back. On our train ride we talked about everything! We quickly realized that no one else on the train was talking. No one. That tends to happen to us a lot! No matter what public transportation we ride, whether it's the train, tube or bus, no one else seems to talk expect for us. One this train ride we talked about how none of us are ready to leave (thankfully we don't have to think about that for a few months). We joked that the passengers must know our life stories on our train rides because it's so silent! We always say they must be thinking "Bloody Americans/Australians!" in their head. Fun fact: they really do say "Bloody Hell" here.

This weekend will be quit busy. Tomorrow is Red Nose Day, so I get to wear my shirt! Whoo- hoo!! Since this weekend is St. Patricks day there will be multiple festivities happening in town. I'm not to sure of what is going on Saturday, but I know on Sunday there is a parade in Central London to celebrate! May the luck of the Irish be with us all this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment