Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tour Guide for the Day

Today was Adam's day of being a real tourist in London. We started off our day by going back to the O2 for breakfast and Frankie and Benny's. When we go off the tube to go to the arena this is what I saw:


It's safe to say I freaked out! Especially because the store is open for a month and closes on my birthday... I know how I'll be spending my 20th! Anyway, breakfast was delicious and we got to listen to some good music! After we were done, we walked down to a store in the arena to buy a pop (I was so tired and needed caffeine ) and then walked a little farther just so I could see where they 1D store would be. Adam found it! The grand opening is tomorrow and I'm dying to go, but being the good sister that I am, I'm not going to go so Adam wouldn't be bored. It's a sacrifice, I know, but once Kaley, Maddy, and Kara are back from their trip and I'm back from mine we can all go together!

We headed into the city today so Adam could see the usual tourists attractions.... The London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, ect. We walked out of Waterloo Station and got in line for the Eye. It looks like it would be a long wait, but the line moves really fast, thankfully! We got in our pod and then got to see an amazing view of the city! Since Big Ben is close, we went there after our rotation on the Eye was over. My Grandma use to call Adam "Big Ben" because he use to always tell her the time when he was younger, so he had to get a picture by it! He wasn't surprised by how small it is, though. It still 
shocks me when I see it. 

On the London Eye

Next up was Westminster Abbey! I was excited because I got to show Adam the door Kate Middleton walked in for her wedding. The nice thing about this area of London is that many of the places tourists want to go to is close together, so from here we walked to the area where volleyball was played at the Olympics! It just looks like a giant open area, but who else can say they walked on the same ground where the Olympics was played on? Across the road from there is St. James's Park, which leads to Buckingham Palace! So we took a stroll through the park and made our way to the palace. The Queen was in today! I was a bit more excited about this than I should have been, but I was in the same area as a royal. How exciting! We walked by Clarence House (where Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Camilla live) and made our way to Trafalgar Square. It was very cold, so we didn't spend a lot of time there. We got some tea, and then hopped on a tube to head to Picadilly.

There is a store at Picadilly called "Cool Britannia" that we stopped at because they have good souvenirs. I haven't gotten to many gifts for people back home yet so I picked up some things for my family (except for Adam, of course). From there we headed to the M&M store. There was a pair of pajamas that Kaley and I saw the first time we went there and they are still there... I was so tempted to buy them but resisted. Partially, because the store was ridiculously crowded today! It must be a lot of people's spring break because I have never seen the city so packed on a weekday. We were getting hungry, so we headed across the street to McDonalds, where we told Ellyn to meet us (she had a rough morning getting locked out of her house so she had to miss out on the festivities that morning). It was Adam's first McDonalds in England! Since they are nicer here, we had to make sure he got to one before he left. He got mozzarella sticks.... who knew they served them at McDonalds!

Once Ellyn met us we decided to get on a tube and head to Oxford Street. You know how I took Adam to Topman yesterday? Well, today we took him to the Topshop that is 3 stories. The top floor is Topman, so we found Adam a new sweatshirt. We went looking downstairs at the girls things for a bit. I began to look at hats because lately my head has been freezing! I'm not much of a hat person because I feel like I just can't pull them off, so I had Ellyn with me to tell me her opinion. In the end it didn't matter of her opinion because I chose the hat she said she liked the least.... typical me. Adam had gone back upstairs by this point and when we found him again he had picked up two more shirts. He really is not much of a shopper, so he even said he is surprised by how much he likes to shop at Topman. Just another reason they need to put Topshop and Topman all over the States.

The rest of the night consisted of us walking aimlessly through the stores. We walked into the Disney Store (Ellyn and I can't walk past one without walking inside), Primark, and then we found the Forever 21.... but it was closed due to a power outage. Of course! By this point we were all getting a little tired and decided to get on the tube to head back home.

"Finding Nemo" section at the Disney Store

Tomorrow we are planning on going to Abbey Road! I am a huge Beatles fan and have been looking forward to Abbey Road for a while! Who would have thought I would be so excited to cross a road...

No comments:

Post a Comment