Sunday, March 3, 2013

It isn't all Fun and Games in London

I feel like too much exciting events had happened at the end of last week and beginning of this week to even consider this week exciting. But lets give this a shot...

Well, Wednesday really was boring. I had Uni. That's about it! There are some things I do like about my Wednesday's, though! Kingston has an international lunch every Wednesday for a one pound donation. Much cheaper than eating out! Maddy and I both have classes in the morning so we usually meet at noon and then head to the lunch at one. At this weeks lunch we just looked at our pictures and videos from the concert.... we still can't get over how amazing it was! Kaley joined a little bit later and we looked through her pictures, as well. Also on Wednesday is our British Life and Culture class that I have will almost all of my friends! This week, though, Kaley, Maddy and I were just giving each other our pictures and videos to put on our laptops (we still took notes on the class though, don't worry!). This weeks lecture was all about the media so they talked about journalism for a bit. Next weeks lecture is the one we have all been waiting for.... music and sports!

Michelle Williams
Thursday was exciting.... and annoying. Ellyn, Kaley, Maddy and I went to the Oz: The Great and Powerful movie premiere in Leicester Square. Instead of a red carpet they had yellow brick road... so fitting! This "red carpet" was different than the other ones we've been to. The people there weren't really fans of the actors. They were all collectors trying to get as many autographs as they could to sell online for money. Instead of being genuinely excited to see them, they were just yelling at them trying to get their signature. It got old really fast. We didn't stay for the whole time because we couldn't handle it much longer. But, on the bright side, we did see Michelle Williams, James Franco, Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz!

James Franco
None of us had seen the London Eye or Big Ben lit up at night, so before we went to Waterloo we made a pitstop. I really need to stop going to that area of London because every time I do it makes me want to stay here even more.

Friday was a homework day! I was hoping the exclamation point would make that more exciting, but it didn't. Homework isn't fun in London, either. The wifi at Uni has not been working all week so Ellyn and I went a cafe to work on our British Life and Culture project. Kaley and Maddy met up with us a bit later and then headed into town to find some lunch/dinner (linner?). From there Ellyn headed home and the remaining three went to the cinema see "Safe Haven." It was our first UK film! In the movie they had a fourth of july scene and I kind of forgot I was still in London. I actually forgot a lot of the time during the movie, it wasn't until Maddy would say something that I would remember where I am because of her accent. Really, seeing an American movie in London is weird!
London Eye
The rest of the weekend I hung out with my friends in town and did homework. I am currently in the library at Uni. It is Sunday night.... this is new for me! Back at CMU I would save Sunday nights for hanging out with my roommates and relaxing before another week of classes start. I was hoping to write a full paper, but when I opened up the articles I was going to write about I realized how horrible they were. So, instead of getting a paper done I had to start all over. I have the two articles read and highlighted and am saving the writing part for tomorrow.
Here is proof that I am doing work here!
Turning in an assignment last week and working on a paper now is making me realize that there really is studying involved in study abroad! Even in London it is not all fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment