Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Auf Wiedersehen

We left Germany on Monday, but before we left we had to have a hamburger. We were in Hamburg, after all! So we went to the classiest place we could think of... McDonalds. The real reason we went there was because Ellyn and I want to go to a McDonalds in every country we go to. They're so much nicer here!

Having a hamburger in Hamburg

After we had our hamburger we decided to make our way to the airport. We took a train to get there. I never realized how many other cities have public transportation. I always think the big cities that are known for it... NYC, Chicago and London. But Hamburg's public transportation is similar to London's... they even have a tube (the underground)! We had a while to wait at the airport, so Ellyn and I walked around trying to find German shirts while Adam sat with our luggage. We eventually found some football (soccer) shirts and bought them because they were really soft. We don't even know what team it is, but we think it is the team that nobody likes because they did not have very many shirts for sale for that team.

Leaving Germany
We boarded our plane and headed back to London... home sweet home! Ellyn asked me a really hard question: If you could get any song lyric tattooed on your body, what would it be? Tough, right? Well, my favorite song is "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran so I told her probably something from that song but nothing really stuck out at my. I always love "Your Song" by Elton John, so maybe something from that. It was just a tough question, and that is what I thought about the whole way home.

Our plane was being very british! When we boarded and when we were getting off they were playing classical music. It was actually very relaxing, expect the fact that I had a horrible headache and was really hot. Once we got off the plane we went through customs again. My guy was really chill, which was good since I wasn't really in a mood to get asked a lot of questions. He looked at my Visa and asked what I was studying. When we saw my passport he looked at it, thought for a minute and said "27." I said "excuse me?" and he said "I was 27 when you were born... but I don't look that old, right?" He was such a delight to talk to! And just like that, I was stamped back into England! Ellyn had a bit more of a tough time, though. Her lady kept asking her questions on why she left, how was she paying for the trip, and other questions like that. Adam got done before her and he was a few people behind her in line.

O2 Arena at night
Once we all made it through we figured out how we were all going to get home. Adam had a hotel in Greenwich and I decided to stay with him so we could travel easier together. We helped Ellyn find the bus stop and then Adam and I made our way to the underground. It was a very long trip (almost an hour and a half) but eventually made it to Greenwich! We got off the stop where the O2 arena is, so I showed him that lit up at night. We then asked a worker which bus we should take, and he told us a number but not a stop to get off, so we just decided to take a taxi to make sure we got to the hotel.

Adam is awesome at picking out hotels. I thought Ellyn and I did good job with having bunk beds in Germany, but the hotel in London is super classy. I don't even know how to describe it, so here is a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0l9_hi7MU

Fancy, right?

We were tired from the flight so we decided to go to bed fairly early. Since Adam is only in London for a few days we had to start exploring right away!


No comments:

Post a Comment