Sunday, March 24, 2013

One Week Of Zero Concentration

So the week before spring break is just like any other... long. But since we have a three week break and it's filled with traveling, the week before seemed even longer! But surprisingly, it was bearable.

On Wednesday we saw the play "This House" with my British Life and Culture class. Now, the night before I couldn't fall asleep so I stayed up to make a video of what has happend so far with the little videos I had taken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci5Rr-9b9cc) so I was exhausted! The play was much better than I thought, though. Since it wasn't a musical I wasn't expecting to like it, but I did laugh a few times! There was also a band that would play randomly. Twice it made me jump because they were so loud. Kaley was just laughing at me and would warn me "Ok, the band is about to play." so I wouldn't jump again.

"This House"
One Friday at 2 I was officially on spring break! The thing is that it really didn't hit me yet. I was leaving the next morning to pick up my brother, Adam, from Heathrow and then we were heading to Germany that night with Ellyn. I had not idea what to pack yet because I didn't think about it yet! I did make a small list of travel size things I had to get, so after class I went to Boots (like a Rite Aid, but fancier) with Kaley, Kara and Maddy. They are leaving on Monday for a two week trip through Scotland and Ireland. After we bought everything we needed we had dinner and then went to the pub to hang out a little longer since we wouldn't see each other for three weeks.... so sad!!! While we were at the pub Maddy looked at me at point and said "You're going to Germany tomorrow!" and was so excited about it. I just said "Yeah..." like it was no big deal because it still hasn't sunk in. Once she said that, though, I realized I should go back to my house to pack.

I went back and packed everything into one backpack and a large purse. Pretty good for me! Now I'm just worried about how I'm supposed to pack a full week into one backpack in a few weeks for Scotland and Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment