Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Last day in Scotland

Our last full day in Edinburgh was pretty eventful. First, we went on a free walking tour of the city. We saw many of the same sights we had seen before, but this time we got to hear the history of the city. It was really interesting and entertaining, which was different from the other walking tours we have been on. We had to leave the tour early, though, because I had to register for fall classes and Ellyn had a skype interview.

We got back to the flat in plenty of time to check if any of my classes were full (none were!) and then wait for my time to register. Once I registered I realized one of my classes wouldn't let me into the class so I had to pick a different one. I eventually got my schedule worked out, thankfully, and am officially registered for fall classes! It's so weird to think I'll be starting my junior year of college soon...

Once Ellyn finished her skype interview we decided to go to the Royal Observatory. We thought it would be similar to the Greenwich Observatory, but we couldn't get to the actual building, there was a gate all around it. We still got to see another amazing view of the city. It was windy, again, up on top of the hill, but we still spent some time up there and enjoyed the view.



On our walk back to the flat we stopped for dinner. We were supposed to go ceili dancing that night with Megan and Lewis, but when we got there it was completely full. We were so bummed! We decided to go to some pubs instead, which ended up being fine because we went to one that played folk music and went to one with a live jazz band. We went back to the flat that night and went to bed.

Today we leave for Dublin! I have been looking forward to going to Ireland for a while. When I first thought about studying in London, I knew I would want to go to Ireland at some point and today is finally the day! Perfect way to end my spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment