Friday, April 5, 2013

DISNEY!!!!

So, I'm a HUGE Disney fan! I love all the movies, obsess over the princesses, and finally went to Disney World for the first time this past Christmas with my family! It was one of the best vacations ever! When I found out about Disneyland Paris, I knew I had to go. Thankfully, Ellyn is as obsessed with Disney as me, so it worked out! Our last full day in Paris we went to Disneyland while our moms went to Versi.

Ellyn and I had bought matching shirts a while ago specifically for Paris and decided that would be a good day to wear them. Unfortunately  it was freezing (as usual) so we planned on buying sweatshirts when we got there, but don't worry! We bought matching sweatshirts so we could still be twins!

We got on the train with our moms. They were worried we weren't going to find our way to Disney once they got off. We don't think they realize how much traveling we do in London. We were positive we could handle finding our way to Disney! Our moms got off, we rode a few more stops, then we transferred trains. We then went on a long ride to Disneyland! The train stopped right in front of the Disney property, so we easily found it!

I took a picture of the sign, and then my camera broke. Perfect timing, right? It had fallen a few days earlier when I handed it to my mom to take a pictures but had been working fine since then. Ellyn was officially on camera duty.

We bought our tickets and then entered America. That is honestly what it seemed like. Everything was in English! All of the signs, all of the music and all of the cast members spoke english. It was also set up the same as Disney World, even having some of the same stores!

Right when we entered there was a small parade going on, so we ran to watch it. Once it was done we went to find sweatshirts. They seemed impossible to find! The little kid sweatshirts were all really cute, but the adult ones were not. After searching for a while, we decided to ride some rides. When I went to Disney World, I basically just stood in line to meet the princesses the whole time with my dad... he's such a trooper! I think I only rode two rides when I was there! So Ellyn made sure I rode some at Disneyland.

We started off with a classic.... Dumbo! On our way there Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and Smee ran past us! And then a bunch of kids almost trampled us because they were chasing them. We continued onto Dumbo. It was our longest wait, too! We waited 30 minutes.

We then went to It's a Small World. Right before the entrance for the ride was a Rapunzel photo area. Tangled is my favorite movie, so of course I had to get a picture here! Apparently we were right by the Princess Pavilion because all of a sudden I heard Ellyn say my name really excitedly. I looked up and there was Rapunzel. I gasped so loud that she looked over at me and waved, so I waved back. And I almost ran after her. I already met her at Disney World, but I felt like a little kid again and got really excited! I stopped myself from following her. Sleeping Beauty was also following Rapunzel and she was in her blue dress! We then went to It's a Small World and it was adorable. It was so cool to see "the world" and now look at different places we had been!

I don't remember the order of rides the rest of the day but we also went on an Indiana Jones roller coaster, Big Thunder Mountain, an Alice in Wonderland maze (we got lost even though we told ourselves we wouldn't!),  Pirates of the Caribbean and a Pinocchio ride! We also met Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

At the end of the day my camera started to work. Just in time fo the parade! We got some dinner and then found a spot on Main Street USA to watch the parade go by. At Disney World, Woody kept looking for me during the parade. I know it sounds weird, but it happend. You can ask my family..... my brothers are protective of my and even got protective over a Disney character. Well, I was going to laugh if he would even look at me in this parade. He pointed at me, instead! Our relationship is still going strong!

The parade was fun to watch, though! They had all of the princesses in the front of the parade, and more of the movies floats behind them! Ellyn and I couldn't get over the fact that we were at Disney PARIS!! Next up is Disneyland Tokyo, Hong Kong and California.










No comments:

Post a Comment