Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ireland

I don't know why, but I've been excited to go to Ireland for a really long time. I'm not even Irish (unfortunately...), but I've heard that Ireland is beautiful so I couldn't wait! Plus, the accents are nice.

We got to the airport in Scotland around 3:30, thinking our plane was leaving at 5:30. Well, the 24 hour clock is still confusing to us and our plane wasn't leaving until 7:30 so we were really early. Better to be early than late!

To get on the plane we had to go outside and use the steps to get into the plane. Not going to lie, when I walked out I pictured the celebrities and presidents getting pictured leaving planes like that. Unfortunately, our plane had no famous people on it.... it was to sketchy of a flight for that!

Once we got to Dublin we went to customs. The guy that checked us in was sooooo friendly! He asked why we were there and asked if we had been to Ireland before. When we said no he looked at us and said "Why not?" really seriously. Then he told us we had to be gone in 72 hours. We looked at him really confused and asked "Really??" Then he smiled and said "No.... those damn Irish!" I could already tell this place would be fun!

We got on a bus and headed towards the town center. From there we walked to our hostel, which took a while to finally find it, but we eventually did! It's not as nice as it was online, but what ever is. At least we have a bed to sleep in! Since we got there so late we took showers and then went to bed.

This morning was our first full day, so we went on a free tour of Dublin, just like the one we did in Edinburgh! It was good to see the city and learn about it, since I don't really know anything about Ireland. One really cool thing we saw was the first place U2 played a show, and then a hotel they bought!

Where U2 had their first show
After the tour we found a bubble tea place, and Ellyn LOVES bubble tea, so we stopped to have some! I've never had it so I tried it and wasn't that impressed. Ellyn wasn't either, though, so apparently it wasn't that good of a place. Guess I'll just try it again and a more reliable place!

Anyway, from there we went to a tourism place and booked a tour for Blarney Castle tomorrow! It's funny because on the pamphlet for it one of the selling points is "Handsome, funny guides with charming, sexy accents." They better not disappoint!

Since we have to get up so early tomorrow (we have to meet for our tour at 6:40 am... ugh) we decided to have an early night. Tomorrow I get to kiss the Blarney Stone!


No comments:

Post a Comment