Thursday, January 17, 2013

Procrastination at its Finest...

I leave in 3 days. This is all so surreal! It started to hit me this week that I am actually going to London. As embarrassing as this may be, I even started to get homesick already and I haven't left yet! I said goodbye to my extended family last weekend and shed a few tears, which I wasn't expecting to do.  They are all excited for this journey I'm about to embark on.

For Christmas I got a lot of things for my trip, such as clothes, travel books and a hat from my aunt that looks "english." I have been looking through the books to get an idea of what the city is like.... I can't wait to travel around England, as well as other countries around it!

All of the travel books I got! I would suggest getting a few to anyone who plans on studying abroad. 
My parents also got me a charm bracelet. Their idea around it is when I travel to a different place I can buy a charm to remember my time there. They put the red, white and blue charm on it to represent America. I love my bracelet and am excited to add more charms to it!

The charm bracelet my parents got me.

These next few days will be filled with packing and spending time with my family. I have a habit of over-packing so I am being very cautious of what I am bringing with me. It takes me forever to figure out what I want to pack for any trip, even if it is just going to a friends house for the night. Until I have everything packed and am at the airport I will be stressing out. Maybe I should have started packing a few weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment